- Forgetting the job you applied for: Make sure your resume reflects the job you want.
- A poor objective statement: Unless you have a profound, stand out objective statement for your resume, leave it out all together. Weak objective statements can actually hurt your chances for getting the job.
- Lying: JUST DON'T DO IT! Be honest, plain and simple.
- Passive Verbs: Make sure your resume is active. Use words such as "manage, promote, accelerate" to make your resume stands out from the crowd.
- Not using spell check: Make sure your resume is free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- References available upon request: Save space. If the hiring manager wants references, they will ask for them.
Remember, the resume is one of the first things that will grab the Recruiter's or Hiring Manager's attention. Be sure yours is free of these common mistakes.