Now-a-days it seems like you can apply for a job anywhere online. But, do you really know which sites are worthwhile? And, when you do apply for a job online, are you making sure your resume and cover letter are tailored to that particular job? Below are some tips for you to effectively get your job search off on the right foot.
Best Job Search Sites for IT Related Jobs
Tips for Applying Online
- Dice.com - Dice is an online job board that is specific for IT related jobs.
- Monster.com - Monster is a job site for all jobs, but many employers post IT related job on this site. While Monster is a great job search site, keep in mind that many people use this site, and competition is heavy.
- Indeed.com - Indeed is a general job search site, and even feeds job openings from various company career pages.
- Innovargroup.com - Our company's website is constantly updated with IT related job postings, and our recruiters will get back to you in a timely manner, (versus the big job search sites).
- Make sure your resume is tailored to that particular job. While you don't have to create a new resume for each job you apply for, be sure your resume is in line with the jobs you like. List all of your relevant skills and knowledge, and perhaps leave off certain skills and knowledge that don't pertain to that job. Doing so will lead to a more streamlined resume, allowing hiring managers to easily read your qualifications.
- Tailor your cover letter for each job application. If you are going to write a cover letter, be sure to personalize it for each company, and job. Most hiring managers can spot a cover letter that has been copied, so be sure to add personalization.
- Proof-read all of your application materials. In a world full of competition, one spelling or grammatical error could cost you the job. Be sure to proof-read your resume to make sure it's free from errors.
As always, our recruiters are happy to help you with the job application process. Email them at email@example.com
Innovar Group - Denver's Premiere IT Staffing Firm